Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dangerously High Levels of Mold

We went out to play on Saturday and within forty five minutes my son was congested and teary eyed. This turned into a full out asthma attack with a visit to the E.R.
Each time we end up in a situation like this and I watch the med staff going through their process I feel like I'm watching myself on the job. You know a human riddled with doubts, habits, judgements, and errors - it's an uneasy feeling to say the least. It's like I feel at the mercy of someone running down the list of protocol options in their mind until they get to the thing that works. Don't get me wrong - having an emergency room to go to is valuable - it's doing everything in my power to stay away. That's where the real victory lies.
So needless to say, lots of albuterol and steroids later - we have rounded the corner. This has further entrenched my obsession with healing.
In hindsight - I discovered that Saturday Sept 25 had "dangerously high levels of mold" in the air. Thank goodness for a culprit. Because otherwise I've been looking into the sky wondering what else I don't see that's going to send us to the ER. It's actually a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment